Friday 21 December 2012

Last Minute Gifts That Will Change Lives

Surprise! The world didn't end today... We are all still here but now we face a new dilemma. All of those presents we were putting off buying because 'the world is going to end anyways' are now needed!

The idea of facing a mall this late in the game makes me nauseous and the chances of getting something you order online in time for Christmas is a little bit scarce! So what do you do?

You buy a goat of course! For years one of my good friends asks her family to buy a goat for a family in a third world country - I can't remember if she ever got her goat!

I thought about this when I was attempting to find something for a few members of my family who have everything. So I googled 'buying a goat' and came across the Oxfam Unwrapped web site.

I was amazed by the amount of options they had. Not only could I buy a goat or a chicken or a sheep. I could also buy seeds, plant trees, provide education about HIV and AIDS and clean drinking water etc. Fantastic! My mom was just given a bee hive from one of her classmates. They have options for all budgets!

If you prefer to give back in your community, make a donation in the name of the receiver! Or donate to something of importance to that person - humane society for the animal lover, local school for the teacher etc.

If you still want to make sure they have something to open on Christmas morning, buy them something small and wrap that. Or wrap up the piece of paper that tells them about the amazing donation that you made for them.

Not only will they appreciate your uniqueness... Many more people will benefit from your creative generosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment