Saturday 8 December 2012

Bring Your Own Mug and Save Money

After making the switch to reusable water bottles, making the switch to reusable coffee mugs for my morning coffee was easy. I use Contigo mugs with AutoSeal technology. They don't leak (unless they have been dropped) and they keep your coffee or tea warm for hours! I love them!

There is nothing worse than cold coffee and for someone who takes three hours to finish a mug of coffee - something that occurs far too often in my life - being able to return to it and find it still drinkable is amazing. 

When I worked in an office, I kept a regular household mug at my desk and used it for coffee, tea and water throughout the day.

If the waste isn't a concern of yours, money may be.  Did you know that most coffee spots (including Tim Horton's and Starbucks) offer a 10 cent discount if you bring a reusable mug. Add that up and you could save yourself $36.50 in one year if you buy a coffee everyday. If you avoid the coffee shop altogether the saving only go up from there.

What ever coffee option you choose, make sure that you pick an option that is easy and works best for you! 





No comments:

Post a Comment